I know this might seem odd to be reviewing a frypan on my blog, but hey, I love this new frypan and well we all use them right?
I’ve been eyeing off one of these frypans for about 2 years now, I know that sounds a bit sad, but it’s just one of those things we genuinely never got around to buying. I wasn’t in desperate need of it, I love my stainless steel all the way, but when it comes to cooking eggs and pancakes, especially gluten-free/dairy free/everything free pancakes, well it’s a MAJOR challenge with frightful scrubbing outcomes.
So hubby finally bought a 26cm for me this Christmas and well I’m totally loving loving loving it.
- Non-stick baby all the way, even my first awful gluten-free pancake batter fared well
- Easy to clean with a squirt of detergent and water, I use a brush, but you could easy clean this with a cloth
- I haven’t gone past Medium heat setting of 5 (1-9) on my electric cooktop however the handle remained temperature perfect, no burnt hands here
- Offered in plenty of sizes to suit your needs; 20cm, 24cm, 26cm, 28cm and 30cm
- Greentek PFOA-free ceramic titanium nonstick technology, not as nasty
- Holds the heat really well and you can turn the heat down which all helps save on power I’m thinking
- 26cm is good side to start with, I got out a measuring tape and checked out the size of my current pans.
- The satin-finish stainless steel cladding is rather nice on the hands and eye
- Oven safe to 260°C. Guaranteed for 10 years
- Buy the Made in Denmark
- It comes in a lovely black velvet drawstring bag for you to store it in
- Takes a while to heat up
- High heats not recommended
- You have to wait for it to cool down completely before cleaning, I like to clean as I go, so a bit annoying, but it’s so easy to clean I’m already over it
- Don’t buy the Made in China ones
- Can’t think of any others!
I’ve used it every day since Christmas day, it’s operating nicely.
We purchased my new frypan from Kitchenware Direct for $139.00 AUD. They have a stocktake sale about to start very shortly.
- Karina’s Gluten-Free Pancakes (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)